Se habla español | (321) 242-3110 | Titusville - (321) 607-6811

Transitional Housing Program

Transitional Housing Program

The Transitional housing program is a self-sufficiency program for low income women and their children who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. We have 12 units, all two bedroom/ 1 bathroom in Palm Bay and Melbourne. There is one efficiency unit for a single woman without children.

Services Include

Services provided in the housing program may last up to two years:

  • Case Management- Clients meet weekly with a case manager to develop and obtain assistance achieving personal and professional goals.
  • Clients will receive assistance learning to budget and save money, household management skills, referrals for subsidized childcare, community resources, and assistance transitioning into permanent housing.
  • Housing clients will receive free weekly individual counseling at the Women’s Center.
  • Access to support groups, workshops, career guidance, victim advocacy, food pantry, and assistance with furnishings for apartments from the Furniture and More Thrift Store are a few other services that are available for clients in this program.

Program Requirements for Transitional Safe Housing

To be eligible for the transitional safe housing program, a client must meet and maintain the following requirements:

  1. Be homeless or in danger of becoming homeless as a result of domestic violence, human trafficking or victimization.
  2. Be a single, separated, or divorced woman with at least 50% custody of  her children (under the age of 18). Children who turn 18 while in the program can only remain in the apartment until they finish high school. There is one efficiency unit available for a single woman without children.
  3. Meet the HUD very low or low income guidelines.
  4. Have verifiable income sufficient to pay their current expenses, plus rent and utilities.
  5. Have a reliable mode of transportation. If client owns a vehicle, it must be insured.
  6. Work a minimum of 30 hours per week or attend school full time while working part time. Volunteer if on disability and physically able.
  7. Pass a criminal background check.
  8. Have obtained a High School Diploma or GED is required.
  9. If alcohol/drug use has been problematic in the past, you must be alcohol/drug free for a minimum of one year and agree to random, voluntary drug testing if drug use is suspected.
  10. Agree to weekly meetings with case manager and counselor.
  11. Establish an FPL account in clients name within 30 days of moving into housing. All previous FPL balances must be paid in full before moving in. Documentation of a zero balance is required before moving in.
  12. Agree to follow ALL program rules.

 If you are interested in learning more, or would like to apply for Transitional Housing, please contact us at 321-242-3110.